Applications for a place in year

If you wish to move your child to a new school during the school year due to a house move or any other reason please contact the School Office directly to arrange a visit and a discussion with either the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.

The School Office will ask for your child’s name, date of birth and whether or not they have any Special Educational Needs – not that this will have any impact on the consideration of your application – in order to ascertain whether there are sufficient places in the relevant year. You will also be asked where your child is currently a pupil and if there are any reasons for the change of school.

If there are sufficient places you will be asked to complete some paperwork and to bring in your child’s birth certificate and proof of address and an admission date will be agreed between yourself and the School.

Further details of the procedures for moving school in year can be found on the Cumbria County Council website