WELCOME TO FRIENDS OF CASTLE PARK SCHOOL
Who Are We?
Friends of Castle Park (FoCP) are the Parent Teacher Association of Castle Park School. We are a charity set up to raise funds to provide additional resources for the school.
With national funding cuts for schools, the work of the Friends of Castle Park is more important than ever to ensure that our children are provided with a wide range of activities, equipment and enjoyable enhancements to their learning. Here are some examples of activities we have funded in the last year:
- Zoolab visits, where Early Years and KS1 children are able to handle and get up close to a range of unusual insects and animals
- World War II workshops for Upper Key Stage 2
- guided reading books for KS1 classes
- Numicon Mathematics equipment for use across the school
- funding towards Lower Key Stage 2 visit to Hadrian's Wall
- funding the purchase of a climbing frame for Early Years pupils
- a contribution towards the all-weather fitness Trim Track, so that children can complete a ‘Golden Kilometre’ each day to help combat childhood obesity, improve fitness levels and help maintain good mental health
- new books for libraries and classrooms across the school
Throughout the school year, you will see events in which you and your family can become involved. We hope that you will participate when you can and support the Friends of Castle Park. We rely entirely on your support during your child's time at the school.
How You Can Help
Sometimes we may ask you to:
If you want to get more involved, we always need volunteers to help us set up events and tidy up afterwards. We have a very active committee, who meet regularly to discuss fundraising ideas and applications for funds. Everyone is welcome, whether you can attend once or every time.
Am I A Member?
You are automatically a member of the Friends of Castle Park because your child is at Castle Park School. We welcome your support and involvement throughout the years to come and we look forward to getting to know you. If you would like to receive further information, notification of meetings etc. please contact one of the committee members through the school office.
Helen Elbourne & Debs Allen
Chairs of Friends of Castle Park